Friday, February 8, 2008

The secret weapons to success could be right at your fingertips Part III

My desk is a veritable treasure trove of weaponry… weapons of success that is. Having spent much of my working life at a desk in front of a computer I decided a few years ago that what I had with me at my desk was going to be vital in assisting me towards achieving my definition of success.

Over the years my walls have been covered with many things, but to illustrate what’s currently taking pride of place I’ve taken this very artsy photo (not!) to show 4 important parts.

1. Shake it Off and Step Up
Simply google “shake it off and step up” to read this great little piece and I’m sure you’ll understand why I have it at my desk. Special thanks to Debbie MacQueen for introducing me to it!

2. My Burnie Ten Running Number
My running number from my first ten kilometre race (ran in October this year in under my goal time) is a great visual reminder of an important goal achieved this year.

3. Retired at 27 stats
We launched a new book this year and I keep a visual track of how sales are going. Our team gets to be excited when we add more sales to the list (as do I!)

4. My Personal Mission Statement
I wrote this mission statement for myself and my personal life when I sold my business last year. Without it I knew I’d run the risk of not heading in a direction of my choice.

Alice in Wonderland: …I was just wondering if you could help me find my way.
Cheshire Cat: Well that depends on where you want to get to.
Alice: Oh, it really doesn't matter, as long as...
Cheshire Cat: Then it really doesn't matter which way you go.


My mission statement includes things like:

My lifestyle
• Is supported by passive income
• Allows me to see the world
• Allows me to spend a lot of quality time with my husband
• Allows me time to be fit and healthy
• Allows me to proud of and excel in my achievements

Developing your own mission statement is dead simple because there’s no right or wrong, no correct format and no need for it to work for anyone other than you!

If however you can’t seem to get a start, feel free to contact us for a template.

More weapons to come.

Sign up to Kirsty's weekly email online at: www.kirstydunphey.com/weekly.html

By Kirsty Dunphey with No comments

0 comments:

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives